Friday 3 July 2009

Skovlyst's ölsymfoni

At Skovlyst I tried their Ölsymfonie (Beer symphonie), which is the name of a sampling of their beers. There's two different, and I tried the one with the Pilsner, the Brown Ale, the Tripple Blonde and the Fruit beer. Of these, surprisingly, I liked the pilsner, BirkeBryg, best, as it was well rounded and had a full body, for a pilsner. The tripple blonde was a bit harsh and not as balanced as it's Belgian counterparts, and the same can be said about the brown ale. And the seasonal fruit beer was also too harsh and tasted more like a British cider. All in all I was, sadly, not impressed.

1 comment:

  1. "well rounded and had a full body, for a pilsner". I find many draft Czech pilsners to be very well rounded. And while they're not particularly big beers, they do have outstanding Volmundigkeit. It's in the water... Good idea for a blog. Now get traveling and drinking.

    ReplyDelete